Saturday, November 15, 2008

Clarification on end product we are working to produce.

Someone asked for more clarification on the purpose of the document we are creating. I thought I would share my response in case anyone else had similar thoughts. Thanks for the question!

"...We are preparing this document so that the State has an accurate representation of biking in WV as it currently exists. I hope to provide as much detail as I can in the draft for all of us to work with. I am thinking we can create this document on an annual basis so that the State can better represent cycling when the survey arrives.

I believe this will also help us pull together across the state and leverage each others strengths, so while the detail will be too much for the survey it is extremely helpful to me in Parkersburg.

My thoughts are to use the League's survey to
a. Create an accurate and detailed picture of biking in WV
b. Identify contacts across the state and build a network of those contacts and resources.

My hope is that this can help us form a state wide group that works together towards the goals we share. Time will tell.

SO for now the more detail the better. This is a information gathering phase and I am looking for anything anyone is doing to promote cycling. I hope that makes sense.

No comments: